Project Arborist Consulting and DA Certification
DA approvals for new developments with trees onsite often include the condition that a site arborist or project arborist is present during certain stages of the development. This arborist oversees all works that are within the TPZs (Tree Protection Zones) for any trees to be retained and protected.
Arborlogix provides AQF Level 5 project arborist services for development sites across greater Sydney. These services include:
- On-site supervision of critical excavation works.
- On-call consultation via phone or email for any questions or issues that may arise during the construction phases.
- Documentation of each milestone of the project or as requested by the DA conditions.
Upon completion of the development, we provide the following:
- A report documenting all construction works that occurred within the TPZs.
- Details of tree protection measures.
- A final certification that everything was completed according to AS-4970-2009 (Protection of Trees on Development Sites) – or the DA conditions, if they differ.
This final certification is essential to the developer or owner obtaining the occupancy certificate for the new development.
The amount of compliance documentation required depends on the size of the development and can vary considerably. However, they generally always include a requirement that certain tree protection conditions are met before a construction certificate is issued and work is allowed to start. After completion of the works, official confirmation is needed that the protection conditions were met throughout the development works before an occupancy certificate can be issued.
Arborlogix can provide compliance certification for both the construction certificate and the occupancy certificate, as well as any Tree Protection Plans that were required as part of the DA conditions.